Friday, December 03, 2004

Microsoft to offer blogging service

For many this might be old news, but Microsoft has launched a blogging service called MSN Spaces.

I just created a replica of my blogger account over there to have a look (I will probably delete it in a few days so as not to confuse things). They have created very interesting tool integrating blogs, pictures, lists and music. This seems to be very consumer focused, maybe in 12 months blogs will be ubiquitous?

They seem to have most of the common features covered out of the box (some Blogger is missing and would do well to address, quickly) such as trackbacks, categories, comments and RSS feeds etc.

The integration with other MS tools and services is good, although it could be better. For example being able to load up to do lists from Outlook, but I am just picky.

The service would work very well inside an organisation for team collaboration, maybe a couple of changes. An example, maybe instead of music lists of documents etc would be good.


I have moved from this site to my new home which can be found a www.specht.com.au

posted by mspecht @ 12/03/2004 01:00:00 pm   |