Thursday, November 04, 2004

Forward thinking recruitment ideas

Johanna Rothman pointed me to this nice item on turning your recruitment program into viral marketing.

Another interesting idea I have come across in the last weeks is using Google/Yahoo/any search engine to find applicants.

I have been thinking further about this and the potential impact on applicant tracking systems. Why should I have to send my resume to a potential employer? I should be able to submit a link to my resume and their system can then use the information from there. Now if my resume was in XML format, the system should be able to just reference my details without having to store anything. Now add a search engine like Google and your applicant database is done.

I wonder how much of this is being thought of within the companies who build ATSs? Now add RSS feeds to all this and we are set.


I have moved from this site to my new home which can be found a www.specht.com.au

posted by mspecht @ 11/04/2004 07:26:00 am   |