Monday, October 25, 2004

Last post clarification

I have just been re-reading my last post, and a couple of clarifications.

Something I missed in the last post were a couple of fantastic points that Phil made during his presentation. He gave four interesting points that make up collaboration:-
  1. Information
  2. Communication/Sharing
  3. Action/Accessibility
  4. Analysis
He also highlighted a fact that I had forgotten. Collaborative applications need to be low friction applications. I think this is the same for ALL workforce applications. If you want lots of people to use your products don't cause them pain in the process otherwise they will give up.

This last point is very important, but you need to know your users to understand what is low friction to them.


I have moved from this site to my new home which can be found a www.specht.com.au

posted by mspecht @ 10/25/2004 09:35:00 pm   |