Friday, April 01, 2005

RSS/Blog Spam

Over the last few weeks I have noticed sites like Hris Info appearing in my Technorati and PubSub watchlists. Essentially I am being returned entry after entry of advertising, which is just plain annoying.

Why am I ranting about this? Well I also happened to notice an item on Enterprise RSS talking about how a site's search engine ranking was increased dramatically because of their RSS content. We have had email, comment, wiki and other types of spam, and it now seems due to how search engines rate RSS content we are going to get overloaded by RSS spam. The end result will just be another battle in information warfare.

However, there is always the chance that I am missing something and it is not what it seems, that has happened before :-)


I have moved from this site to my new home which can be found a www.specht.com.au

posted by mspecht @ 4/01/2005 11:33:00 am   |