Friday, March 25, 2005

Business spam

This morning I checked my Gmail and found some spam that Google had not caught. Why am I surprised? Because it was actually interesting, relevant and real. I got two emails from Tom Schmidt CEO of ResumeFit.com while the content was interesting and the proposed service might work it is still spam.

However this does put me an interesting dilemma. While the topic of the email is interesting do I ignore it and make it as spam on principle?

As things go I also saw a post today from HRMarketer on email campaigns that refers to a case study showing spam, sorry email marketing is actually working. Then there is Gretchen who has been looking at ways to contact passive candidates, email is one method, is that also spam?

I am now confused, what is spam and what is not? Do I want interesting spam?


I have moved from this site to my new home which can be found a www.specht.com.au

posted by mspecht @ 3/25/2005 08:49:00 am   |