Saturday, January 29, 2005

Phone found but still not working

I found my phone! Where was the phone? In a snack box that had been in the bag I carried onto the plane. While on the plane the phone must of fell into the box and the just put away on the top shelf in the pantry!

Called Three at 2:30pm Thursday, spoke to the call centre in India and was told it would take 3 - 4 hours to get re-activated. By bed time on Thursday night still not active.

Friday morning called at 11:30am, this time I was told that the process takes 24 hours and their servers are running slowly. I asked if the process could be sped up and was told "no it is all automated". Friday at 3:30pm, still no service, so I called again. This time I was told that the issue would be escalated and that the call centre operator would call me when the phone was activated, ETA 6-12 hours.

Today, 9:15am, I can receive calls, but not make them. Called Three again. Was told the issue would be escalated (again) and it would take up to 24 hours. Asked if I could speak with the department who would resolve the problem and was told they do not accept incoming calls. My only option was to wait until the job was completed.

9:30am, called Three again to see if the problem had really been escalated. This time the operated said that the issue had just been escalated (what happened yesterday I will not know) and it would take 2 - 3 hours to fix. I suggested that he did not make promises that would not be kept, so he then said it will take 24-48 hours more before the phone is activated!

I am now waiting on Three to process the request. Frustrating on top of everything else!


I have moved from this site to my new home which can be found a www.specht.com.au

posted by mspecht @ 1/29/2005 09:53:00 am   |