Wednesday, January 05, 2005

A bit late returning

I am a bit late in returning to my blog, just can't seem to shake the holiday feeling, I guess that is what happens when you have 10 days off.

While the break was good, there was a black cloud over most of it, I suspect for most people it was the same. The Tsunami has impacted so many people. I am amazed at the power of the Tsunami and now the power of people to rebuild.

January is shaping up to be very busy. I finish with EmployeeConnect on Friday 21st and start at WMC on Monday 31st Jan, in the meantime we are busy packing. The removalists that arrive Feb 7th, the day after my sister-in-law's wedding, which I am flying back for. We then drive down to Melbourne on Feb 8th and I am back in the office Feb 9th.

My days at the moment are jam packed with knowledge transfer to others in the organisation. I am amazed at how much information there is to transfer, this process just hardens my belief that low level knowledge management is such an important requirement for businesses. While the tools are available, the culture within most organisations is not there to support the tools. To this end I have begun putting plans in place for what I can do in my new role, how can I start managing my knowledge from day one.


I have moved from this site to my new home which can be found a www.specht.com.au

posted by mspecht @ 1/05/2005 08:11:00 am   |