Friday, September 24, 2004

ADSL providers & customer service

Today is a big day, I have decided to change ADSL providers. For the last several years I have had BigPond ADSL, I was one of the silly ones who registered early and have experienced the good and bad of BigPond. So this morning I submitted my application to change to Swiftel Broadband.

The online process worked fantastically, the only hold up is I need the fax the transfer form to Swiftel in Perth to comply with Telstra Wholesale rules. However Swiftel's fax does not want to answer! So I hoped back on the website and called the customer support line to find out the solution to my problem. After navigating a very easy menu system I was speaking with Nick a really helpful CSR. Nick very quickly sorted out my problem, provided me a second number to try (which worked) and then took down the details of the original number to follow up the issue.

So far I am delighted! (Telstra take note.)

Now it is a waiting game until Oct 5th for the transfer, watch for an update.


I have moved from this site to my new home which can be found a www.specht.com.au

posted by mspecht @ 9/24/2004 09:00:00 am   |