Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Live slowly

I started thinking about this while we were at Jonah'sfor our wedding anniversary in November, they had a number of brochures in the room with a message essentially saying something like "relax quickly" or "live slowly". This got me thinking about how we rush around so much and do not spend enough time reflecting on things. I sometime wish I could easily disappear for a remote beach in Fiji to reflect.

Today I found a post from Harold at Jarche Consulting that is talking about the same thing. Harold has decided to take "thinking longer" as a new year's resolution, I think I might do the same and pop it into my 43 Things list. While I do feel having my brain connected to the world would be great, the ability to disconnect is very important. Otherwise when can we just sit and think?


I have moved from this site to my new home which can be found a www.specht.com.au

posted by mspecht @ 1/12/2005 11:06:00 am   |